- Summer Camp
- Patrol Guides
Summer Camp 2017
- Camp Resolute
- Camp Resolute Medical Form
- Parent Authorization Form
- Campership Application
- Merit Badge Schedule 2017
- Merit Badge Pre-Camp Requirements
- Everyone attending summer camp is expected to attend the meeting with at least one adult member of your family.
- It is recommended that you bring the Scout and Parent Guide as well as any questions you may have.
- All logistic and specific questions will be answered at this meeting.
- Merit Badge Sign up begins on Monday, April 10, 2017
- Payment and Medical forms will be collected starting April 10, 2017
- Payment is your registration and is due on or before May 8, 2017, for your best chance of getting your first choice of merit badges
- Final early bird (discounted fee) cutoff is May 8, 2017
(payment must be in Elizabeth’s hand by that date)
- Campership requests must be received by Monday, April 24, 2017.
- We are attending Week 4 July 30 - August 4, 2017
- We register as a troop for camp week so please do not register your scout on the camp resolute site.
- However - If your scout is going to a second week you sign up through the resolute site Camp Resolute and click on Provisional Camp for information and directions to register.
- Scouts will only be signed up for the troop camp week and for merit badges once payment has been received (see section on campership and payment plans below).
- Payment due date for Summer Camp is MAY 8, 2017
- Payments received after May 8, 2017, may not get their first choice merit badges
Troop 41's camping week this year will be Week 4 - July 30 - August 4, 2017 at Camp Resolute. The Camp Resolute site is filled with all the information you need to prepare for Boy Scout Summer Camp this year. We suggest you start at the Forms and Manual Section and read and/or download the Scout and Parent Guide. If you scroll down, you will find the medical forms that are fillable with pdf (see Medical section below for more details). The home page has an FAQ section so check it out.
Mark your Calendar for the Summer Camp planning meeting: Monday, June 19, 2017, 7:00
(same location as regular meetings).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW - TAKE ACTION ON NOW
(please read thoroughly and save this info)
- $430. If payment is received by May 8, 2017, (so we can register your scout at the Early Bird rate).
- $430. for all new scouts joining in 2017, whenever you register (but we encourage you to sign up early if possible)
- $470 for those who pay after May 8, 2017.
- $360. Brother Discount (must both be attending Boy Scout summer camp) if paid by May 8, 2017.
Add $40 if paid after May 8, 2017
NOTE: if your son is planning to attend more than one week of camp the cost for the second week is $299.
Adult Leaders Planning to Attend Camp (staying overnight and or visiting)
- Please complete the SORI and CORI forms on the camp resolute website (under forms and manuals) and return to Elaine Ritter with a copy of the front and back of your license as soon as possible but no later than May 30, 2017.
Medical/Parent Authorization Forms
These guidelines are mandates by the State of Massachusetts and the camp is subject to annual audits. Do not blame the camp, the troop or council if you find these challenging. Call the governor or your state rep.
- The only acceptable forms that the camp will accept are on the camp resolute site. You can pull them off from the forms and manual section.
- Everyone (youth and adult) staying at camp or visiting regularly who wants to use the water front will need to complete a medical form and have it signed by a physician
- All youth will also need a signed Parent Authorization Form
- Things to Remember on the Medical Forms:
- Part A and B should be completed by a parent or guardian for scouts or adult for adults
- Part C must be signed and dated by a physician.
- Everyone must have had a physical on or after July 30, 2016 (within 12 months of attending camp)
- Everyone (youth and adult) needs immunization verification – NO EXEMPTIONS – and all info must be written on the official form (front page). You cannot just attach the list from the doctor. Guidelines for verification of immunizations can be found at the beginning of the pdf medical form
- Signed school forms and/or immunization records are not accepted – so don’t just write “see attached” or you will need to redo your forms.
- If your scout will be taking medication while at camp, you must bring the meds in the original bottle and complete the Authorization to Administer Medication section on the bottom of Part A
- To ensure that everyone who wants to attend camp can, both the council and the troop offer camperships to provide financial assistance to scouts who otherwise could not afford to attend.
- Forms are available at the camp resolute site also under forms and manuals
- Completed forms must be turned into Elaine Ritter no later than April 24, 2017, to ensure council and the troop has sufficient time to review and allocate the available funds.
- FYI – campership requests will be kept confidential and reviewed only by a couple of committee members
- We understand that coming up with the full payment may be a challenge for some so if you need to work out a payment plan for camp please see Elizabeth Young as soon as possible to make arrangements. NOTE: - Don’t forget if you sold popcorn or volunteered at the Mason’s and have not yet used your camp credits you can use them for summer camp.
Other Stuff (more details will be given at the Summer Camp meeting)
- Camp photos are $10. They are a great keepsake of your week at camp. We will collect for pictures through the troop
- Class B T-shirts are available. See Elizabeth
- On Friday night there is a family Chicken BBQ. Tickets can be purchased the first day of camp at the camp store.